Free Member Webinar
Presented by Sheila Blanchette
CEUs: PPAB 1, CCPDT 1, IAABC 1
To celebrate the importance of care for companion birds, the goal of this webinar is to understand the importance of:
- Why Diet is important for longevity and health of a companion bird.
- Why Vet Care Exam is so important for companion bird? From CBC, gram stains to gender testing. As well as, vet care at home.
- Why it is important to understand you and your bird's behavior.
- Why developing Enrichment, Foraging, and Housing assists in a bird's comfort and confidence.
- All of these keys guidelines create a wonderful well rounded bird that can coexist in a human's world.
- Vet Care
- Behavior Care
- Diet Care
- Enrichment Care
About the Presenter
Sheila S Blanchette is an IAABC Certified Parrot Behavior Consultant. She is the owner of the mobile behavior consultant company, Heart of Feathers Education in the MA/NH Area (USA). Sheila’s main goal is to assist people with companion birds with behavior issues vs surrendering the bird. She is also a member of IAABC Shelter Division, Pet Professional Guild and American Federation of Aviculture.
Sheila has been volunteering at the MSPCA-Nevins Farm (Methuen, MA), for many years assisting potential adopters on topics such as enrichment, education and understanding more about having a companion bird. In 2017, she will be teaching Target Training Bird classes at the rescue for anyone with a companion bird. She believes "Behavior may have history but history should not define a bird." Sheila is the proud guardian of 2 lorikeets, an adopted lovebird, and a cockatiel and a pug.