New Member Stuff!
About Project Trade & Its Operational Policies
Project Trade is the Pet Professional Guild's International Advocacy program that promotes the use of force-free equipment for pets by asking pet owners to relinquish choke, prong and shock collars and any other devises that are designed or function to reduce behavior through pain or fear.
Project Trade is designed to give pet owners incentives to seek Pet Professionals who will exchange aversive training and pet care equipment for alternative, more appropriate tools and educational support.
It is the Pet Professional Guild's position that effective humane animal training and pet care procedures lay the foundation for an animal’s healthy socialization and training and helps prevent behavior problems. We believe that the general pet-owning public deserves affordable access to transparent, competent and accountable pet behavior and care professionals. Pets deserve to be cared for, managed and trained in a nurturing and stable environment.
Applicant Application & Activation Process1. Applicants to the program will complete the “Project Trade opt-in” form to join the program
2. The membership manager will determine that the applicant is a PPG member in good standing and the form will be approved
a. On approval the member will receive an email containing the website copy, participant badge, discount structure and promotional video link.
b. The member will then update their website with the copy, badge and discount structure and let the membership manager know it has been completed.
3. The membership manager will then activate the account when verification of the website has taken place by adding the member to the Project Trade group designation. (Member will then appear in the Project Trade directory).
The member website must show:
a. The Project Trade Badge
b. The approved Project Trade text or an approved version of the text
c. A list of the Project Trade discount structure
d. The Member PPG directory Listing must also include the Project Trade Badge
e. The Promotional video is optional
Member Operational Policies
Monthly Administration1. Each month the Advocacy Committee with the Membership Manager will collate all the individual Project Trade participant submission forms onto a master excel file and it will be totaled
a. The monthly Project Trade Ambassador will receive their certificate and $100.00 credit for PPG webinars.
b. Monthly updates, photographs and reports will be included in the monthly member newsletter via Susan Nilson
c. BARKS from the Guild will feature success stories from the program as deemed appropriate by Susan Nilson
d. The PPG Project Trade page on the website will keep a running flashing total of the relinquished equipment
e. The PPG website, Project Exchange pages will keep an updated report of the Advocacy Program
f. The Advocacy Committee will keep the PPG Steering Committee via Niki Tudge updated on the program and its results
General Program Overview.
This is an opt-in program for Pet Professional Guild Members.
If members choose to participate in this advocacy marketing and educational program, then they will:
1. Have permission to display the Project Trade participant badge on their business website and marketing collateral.
2. Be listed in a specific promotional Project Trade website directory marketed to the pet owning public.
3. Have access to purchase Project Trade marketing collateral
a. Bumper stickers
b. Rack Cards
c. Fridge Magnets
e. Discount cards (business card sized)
f. Veterinarian Collateral
g. Book Mark
4. Agree to abide by the program discount policies and procedures (see below)
5. Be entered into the monthly and annual Project Trade Advocacy Award program
Recommended Project Trade Discounts