presented by Dawn Gilkison
CEUs PPAB, 1 IAABC, 1 CCPDT, 1
Once you have set training goals, it makes sense to use your time efficiently to achieve outcomes.
This webinar will detail a way for you to structure your training sessions so that you and your dog are set up for success.
Whether you are training a companion or a performance dog it is important to be aware of aware of all factors so you can control the environment to your advantage. This will help you reach your training goals sooner.
The webinar will define the five sections that training sessions can be dissected into.
- Understand the environment, where you are training
- Know what equipment and tools you will be using
- Learn about engagement and how you relate to your dog
- Understand what is efficient action, your training plan and mechanics
- Lastly learn about the process of evaluation, your reflection and next steps
About The Presenter
Dawn Gilkison KPA CTP is the owner of Positive Solutions Dog Training, located in the Portland, Oregon metro area.
Dawn has trained dogs for agility, obedience, conformation, and upland and waterfowl hunting. She works with clients one-on-one to create attentive companions and focused performance dogs. In addition to training dogs, Dawn teaches Biology at a local community college.