A Two-Day Workshop in Tampa, FL.18 and 19 March 2017
CEUs PPAB 12
Learn The Key Elements For Dog Sports
All dog sport success is reliant on being able to teach a dog focus, commitment and the ‘can do’ attitude. However, not all dogs or breeds benefit from this behavior and it then becomes our responsibility and role to help develop it. In this two day workshop, you will learn you how to create these behaviors and attitudes in ANY dog. Get the skills and knowledge to reward your dog effectively so your training becomes more efficient and timely. In two days, you can learn the skills to create and reinforce the best and most appropriate behaviors to meet your dog sport goals.
This workshop will cover the important and necessary key skills to train a dog for any discipline whether you are training a set of weaves, or heel work, bite work or retrieving, having a dog that can learn each exercise in the shortest time is reliant on the key skills Kamal will cover during the workshop.
This seminar will cover the skills needed to do just that…..
What You Will Learn
Who should attend?
About Your Instructor
Head trainer and owner of East London Dog Training, Kamal Fernandez, has over 20 years experience training dogs from all walks of life. His current dogs include two Belgian Malinois, two Border Collies , a German Spitz and a Boxer. His own dog training journey began in the very hall in which he now runs his own classes. Kamal is also a faculty member at the Academy.
As an internationally renowned seminar instructor, Kamal has been invited to teach in countries such as Australia, New Zealand, Holland, Belgium and Germany, amongst many others. Kamal’s other career highlights include being an Championship Obedience judge and Crufts competitor.
Since this humble start, Kamal has immersed himself in the world of animal training, led by some of the leading ‘lights’ in the field such as Sylvia Bishop, Susan Garrett, Bob Bailey, Ian Dunbar and Karen Pryor.
This thirst for knowledge combined with his job as a police officer, working with young offenders and studying psychology has contributed to his dynamic and innovative teaching style and his ability to get the best from his pupils, be they human or canine!
With over 25 years of practical dog training experience, based on a combination of science and hands on experience, Kamal has established a reputation for positive training and has championed the use of reward based methods all over the world.
A Few Highlights of Kamal's Career
Guest speaker at the Victoria Stilwell national bite conference 2016
- Trainer on sky TV production 'Dogs Might Fly'
- TV appearances on BBC 1, 2, channel 4 and 5.
- Faculty member of the Fenzi Dog Sport Academy
- Owner/Trainer of the following:
- Ob Ch suenijon Touch of Magic CDx UDx (Border Collie)
- Currahee Touch of magic Ch C (Border collie)
- Jotunheim Excalibar Ch C (Malinois)
- Vombrittania Anza Ch C, World Cup Team member Crufts 2015 (Malinois)
Some of his students accomplishments:
- Val Venables ob Ch iatka Tip for the Top
- Sue bishop Nedlo what's it all about Crufts 2017 Obedience Championship qualifier
- Jane Webb Wt Ch Flyntastic Winventure Crufts Obedience Championship competitor
- Katy Girdler Just Jenna Flat Coat Retriever Cross Crufts Obedience Championship Competitor
- Teresa Wright WUSV World IPO Championship Team GB Member
- Mari Yvlinkka Giant Schanuzer IPO World Championship GB Team Competitor
- Patricia Murphy Saredon as time goes by Mini Schauzner Crufts 2016 Inter regional Team member, and winner
- Monthly financing available. Complete payment must be received 30 days prior to the event.
- The seminar price includes morning coffee, lunch and afternoon drinks. Please note lunch is not included in the sponsored discounted rate. If you woudl like to receive lunch from Panera Bread then please request the order form from Rebekah king
- There will be an onsite Bonfire ‘Get Together’ on Saturday Evening. A small additional fee will be charged for snacks and refreshments if you choose to attend, ($15.00). Reservations can be made closer to the date.
- If you register for a working spot you may only bring one dog with you
- You can make several payments for this workshop by contacting Rebekah King.
- All dogs attending must be dressed according to the PPG’s Guiding Principles. No shock, choke or prong collars.
- No human- or dog-reactive dogs please.
- No noisy dogs.
- Please bring with you a mat for your dog to rest on, a Kong or other mentally stimulating toy and lots of small yummy treats.
- Please see our refund policy
Sponsored & Hosted at The DogSmith Training Center.
9122 Kenton Road, Wesley Chapel. FL 33545