Pet Professional Guild Summit Presenter Agreement
- This is a standard PPG Presenter Agreement and is required and must be agreed to in full and completed by all presenters before they can be officially scheduled to present at a Pet Professional Guild Educational Event
- Please read this agreement thoroughly. Any agreed compensation is based on parties fulfilling the terms of this agreement in its entirety.
- Please initial where indicated throughout the document.
- If you have any questions or concerns about the content of this agreement, please contact: Louise Stapleton-Frappell at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Event Details
- Date, location and description
- Please see Appendix A for full details of your personal compensation package.
- All requests for reimbursement must be submitted within 14 days of the last day of the summit. Requests must be made on the expense report form provided by PPG including receipts for all expenses incurred. Reimbursement will be made via PayPal unless prior arrangements are made with PPG. A valid PayPal payment email address must be included on the expense report.
c) Tax Form Submission.
- US residents, individual or business entity, must provide a completed and signed W9 form.
3. Performance Under This Agreement .
- All materials, documents and information required under this agreement shall be provided to PPG using Dropbox in a folder created by PPG for this purpose.
a) Appearance and Conduct
b) Agreement Submission.
- All presenters are reminded that they represent a learned profession and that among the many goals of the PPG is to reach for a higher standard. As part of this effort the PPG asks that all presenters remain mindful of the important contribution that their individual appearance and conduct make toward our mutual professionalism, reputation and to summit attendees as well as our general membership. PPG therefore asks that all presenters maintain a professional demeanor in their appearance and conduct including respectful discourse, punctuality and attire.
This completed Agreement must be signed by January 20th 2017
- Presenter is responsible for the content of the platform presentation, including any slides, visual aids, handouts, video, audio, articles, tools, supplies, equipment or other materials (hereafter “Content”). Presenter hereby represents that:
1. the Content is accurate to the best of Presenter’s knowledge,
2. the Content is Presenter’s own original work, or used with permission (see below), and will not infringe on a third party’s copyrights or other property rights,
3. the Content will be educational in nature and will not include a sales pitch for any product or service, and
4. the Content does not contain any materials which, and Presenter will not, libel/slander or disparage the products or services of any person or organization. During the presentation, the Presenter will not engage in any type of promotional marketing or selling of any product or service without prior written permission from the Sponsor. The Presenter will not engage in any derogatory comments regarding any other Presenter or trainer either verbally, by use of body language or by intonation.
d) Copyright/Rights to Reproduce.
- Presenter has prepared Content in conjunction with the anticipated presentation at the Event. Therefore, Presenter agrees to following:
1. Any and all rights to Content produced and/or provided by the Presenter in the form of notes, speeches, text, research, and any other written form of work shall remain the sole property of the Presenter and shall not transfer under the terms of this Agreement except as set forth below.
2. Presenter warrants that the works produced pursuant to the Event are original products of Presenter and do not violate any copyrights or other intellectual property rights including trade secrets of any third party and that Presenter will obtain all releases which may be necessary to secure any rights which are granted to Sponsor hereunder.
e) PowerPoint Template.
- All Presentations should be prepared in PowerPoint, Keynote or Open Source software designed to create electronic presentations consisting of a series of separate pages or slides. Presentations should not include third party logos or sponsorship information for any other product or service.
f) Photograph & Bio Submission.
- Presenters are expected to provide to PPG , within four weeks of this agreement being signed a 300-word biography and a high resolution photograph to be used promoting presenter. Picture format: jpg size: 1600 x 1600, resolution,\: minimum 300 dpi.
g) For Marketing and Educational Purposes the following information on the presentation must be provided by February 20th 2017. All Presenters must submit by email, for each session, in a print ready format:
1) session title,
2) 350-word session description
3) bullet point list of learning objectives
h) Final Materials Submission.
- All Presenters must submit presentation-ready event and related materials (PowerPoint, handouts, videos, supporting documentation, etc.) for review on or before October 18, 2017. This enables PPG to meet its commitment to provide note slides of the Power Points to attendees in time for them to print out and bring with them to the Summit. Your presentations can be tweaked after you submit them for handout preparation.
i) Recording & Live Streaming:
- PPG reserves the exclusive right to video/audio record and Live Stream Presenter’s presentation during the Event. PPG reserves the right to use the video/audio recorded material in any format now known or hereafter developed and Presenter grants PPG a worldwide non-exclusive right to use all or any portion of the video/audio recordings as PPG deems necessary in compliance with PPG’s policies.
- Presenter understands all information provided, including but not limited to Presenter’s name and likeness, and abstract may be used prior to, during, or following the event. The information may be edited as Sponsor deems necessary in conjunction with the presenter’s approval. Use may take any format, including website, email, newsletters, social media, etc. If Presenter submits copyrighted information, materials will not be included in conference workbook, unless written permission to do so is provided. Presenters will be asked, but are not required, to participate in promotional events, interviews, articles, podcasts, and other activities prior to, during, and following the event.
k) Representations and Indemnification.
- Presenter will comply with PPG policies, rules, and directions. Presenter will at all times act professionally and refrain from engaging in any conduct harmful to or not in the best interests of PPG. Presenter will indemnify PPG against any claims by third parties that Presenter has infringed the rights of a third party or otherwise breached the representations in this paragraph.
l) Technical Support, Tools, Supplies and Equipment
- To ensure adequate technical support, It is the responsibility of the Presenter to provide all necessary tools, equipment, supplies and any other miscellany necessary for their presentation. The Presenter shall provide the PPG, in the space below, an itemized list of their computer equipment, including model and operating system, Presenter will use for their presentation-
Laptop Y / N
m) Termination/Excuse of Performance.
- This agreement shall become null and void in the event of an act of God (force majeure), illness or injury of or to the Presenter and other instances outside the control of either party making performance illegal, impossible or commercially unfeasible for one or both parties. Under this provision, if Presenter is unable to travel to the meeting, or PPG is unable to hold the meeting, neither the Presenter nor PPG is liable for breaching the agreement. Under this provision, Presenter is responsible for returning deposits already paid including airfare and cancellation penalties.
n) Failure to Perform.
- In the event Presenter breaches this agreement or fails to perform in any circumstance under his/her direct control, Presenter agrees to relinquish all rights to aforementioned honorarium and shall not receive any reimbursement for any expenses already incurred or to be incurred in the future. Presenter is responsible for returning deposits already paid including airfare and cancellation penalties. Presenter agrees to notify PPG immediately in the event of an emergency that will prevent them from meeting their obligations as a Presenter.
o) Cancellation/Relocation by Sponsor.
- PPG can cancel the event 90 days prior to scheduled dates if event sales do not reach the contractual requirement with the venue(s). Sponsor can cancel Event and/or cancel Presenter without liability up to 30 days in advance of Event if Presenter does not meet expectations or the terms of this agreement. In such an event, all issued airline tickets must be returned to PPG. PPG reserves the right to change the location of the Event due to any circumstance beyond the control of either party – such as acts of God, war, government regulations, terror strikes, labor strikes, disaster, disease, natural disaster, or civil unrest. In the event of relocation, this agreement will be honored and both parties held to the provisions herein.
- Neither party may assign any part of this Agreement without the prior written consent of the other.
- Waiver by either party of any default under this agreement will not be deemed a waiver of any other default or any other provision of this agreement.
r) Governing Law.
- This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida, irrespective of its choice of law principles.
s) General Representation and Warranties.
- Each party represents and warrants that:
a. it has the requisite authority to enter into this Agreement and to fully perform its obligations hereunder,
b. it is under no contractual or other legal obligation which shall in any way interfere with its full, prompt and complete performance hereunder; and
c. the individual executing this Agreement has the authority to do so.
- Presenter agrees to comply with the program-related deadlines as described throughout this Agreement. Please note these dates may change and PPG reserves the right to alter by emails directly with the Presenter.
This Agreement supersedes any and all agreements, either oral or written, between the parties. No other agreement, statement or promise not contained in this Agreement shall be valid and binding. Any modification of this Agreement must be in writing and signed by the authorized representative of each party.
This Agreement shall be binding on the parties, their successors, and assigns.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Agreement on the date first above written.
Authorized Signature Authorized Signature
Print Name and Title Print Name and Title