The PPG 2018 Multi-Species Training & Behavior Event at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary.
This event will focus on how to help pets develop skills that will support their successful adoption and integration into their new home. Applicable for all professional trainers and behavior consultants.
Checkout the Full Schedule of Workshops and Presentations Here
You can attend this event just to participate in the full schedule of presentations each day or you can combine volunteer shifts with workshops and lectures. Your choice!
Presentations are scheduled each morning, afternoon and evening.
The hands-on workshops will focus on how to help pets develop skills that will support their successful adoption and integration into their new home. These are important skills needed by many of the pets we encounter each and every day.
April. 23 - 26, 2018. Kanab, UT. Mountain Time
Location: Best Friends Animal Sanctuary
4 Days of Hands on Clinics & Presentations With Industry Experts Across Multiple Species.
Limited spaces available!
Janis Bradley, Emily Larlham, Chirag Patel, Jacqueline Munera, Emily Cassell, Louise Stapleton-Frappell, Lara Joseph and Vicki Ronchette supported by Best Friends experts Dr Franklin McMillan, Sherry Woodard, Glenn Pierce and a special presentation by Best Friends Co-Founder, Faith Maloney.
Day One April 22nd 2018.
12 p.m. - 5:15 p.m.
Welcome Party 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Opening Address 6:45 p.m. - 7:45 p.m.
Day Two to Day Four April 23rd to April 26 .
Four full days of lectures and workshops
Your Daily Schedule
- Breakfast in your hotel of choice. ( make your own hotel reservation)
- Each day the registrants will be together for AM General Sessions from 8:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m.
- At 11:45 a.m. those registered for the p.m. workshops will be transported the 5 miles in buses up to the sanctuary where they will first enjoy lunch ($15.00) at the Village Cafe and then be escorted to their training workshop with their assigned trainer and an assistant
- Afternoon presentations are scheduled each day for those who prefer not to get involved in the hands on workshops
- Daily training and behavior workshops will vary between horses, donkeys, goats, dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, puppies, and wild things. First come first served basis.
- Each attendee will get the opportunity to sign up for 2 hands-on workshops on site in Kanab. This is a first come first served opportunity as places are limited. We will encourage you to choose different locations
- You can schedule volunteer projects each day by contacting the sanctuary directly. Full details are included in your event confirmation email
- Hands on workshops will be finalized when we are on site in Kanab. Each person will have the opportunity to enroll in a minimum of two workshops or volunteer activities while in Kanab. See below for volunteer options. This is a first come first served basis.
- Each evening there will also be p.m. lecture sessions for those interested
Confirmation of specific workshops will take place on site at the registration location. We will make this option available on line prior if logistics allow.
To guarantee a volunteer slot for yourself during the four days at the Sanctuary, once you register and complete the volunteer orientation, you can then contact Best Friends directly and secure your spot.
Bringing a Dog
- You may bring your own dog and it will have access to the theater and the library where lectures and workshops are taking place.
- There are pet friendly hotels in Kanab, one of the hotels we reference in our confirmation email allows dogs
- Pets are not allowed access to the animal care areas at the sanctuary
There will be a group evening activity organized during the program and this can be reserved nearer the date.
Need a payment program. Ask Rebekah!
Please make sure you read and understand the financial terms for payment scheduled and cancellations. Click here